The information below tells you how you may use the Sports Social’s ‘Podcast Network website and other services provided by Sports Social for your own personal, non-commercial use.
Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before using Sports Social’s services.
ABOUT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What do these Terms cover?
These Terms set out important information regarding your rights and obligations, and the restrictions that may apply, when you:
- use any of our services: for these purposes, our services include (but are not limited to) the provision of online content, online social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and any similar service that we currently provide or make available in the future;
- access any of our platforms or devices (the “Platforms”): our Platforms include (but are not limited to) the internet (including but not limited to the Sport Social’s Podcast Network website and all its sub-domains (the “Website”)); other media platforms and software applications (which, for example, may enable you to view and use our content and/or services over a mobile or wifi network); other portable or non-portable communication or other electronic device and any similar platforms that we currently provide or make available in the future, (together referred to as “Services”).
Please note that these Terms are updated from time to time so please review them regularly. It is your responsibility to ensure you review these Terms regularly to familiarise yourself with any changes. Your use of the Services following any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms.
Who uses and who provides the Services?
References to “you” or “your” mean you as a user of the Services. References to “we”, “us”, “our” or “Sports Social” are to the provider of the Service,
If you have any questions, queries or complaints about these Terms or the Services, please contact us at the email or postal address given in the “Contact Details” section below.
In addition to these Terms, the following terms and conditions may also apply to your use of the Services:
Service-specific Terms: You may be asked to agree to additional terms and conditions (“Additional Terms and Conditions”) when using specific Services, for example, before entering competitions or prize draws promoted by us or our partners. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and any such Additional Terms and Conditions, the Additional Terms and Conditions will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
Third Party Terms: Please also see the section below entitled “Third party content and services” regarding certain pages and services that are provided on our Website and which are managed, hosted and/or operated by a third party.
AVAILABILITY AND CONTENT OF SERVICES
The Services are made available to you by Sports Social at our sole and absolute discretion. We may modify or withdraw Services, or the period during which they are available, at any time at our sole and absolute discretion. We may do this without notice to you. We have absolute editorial control over the Services at all times.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WHEN USING THE SERVICES
By accessing any part of the Services you agree that you will only use such Services:
- for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- for lawful purposes; and
- in a manner which does not infringe the rights (e.g. copyright) of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of these Services by, any third party.
You understand and accept that the hardware you use to access our Services may require certain software in order for the Services to work correctly and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have the required software before accessing those Services. In order to use the Services, you may be required to obtain certain updates and/or upgrades to your hardware. You are solely responsible for any costs and/or fees associated with any such updates/upgrades to any hardware or software.
You agree to compensate us in respect of any damages or losses suffered by us as a result of any claim made by a third party relating to i) your use of the Services in breach of these Terms (or any other applicable terms), or ii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation when using the Services.
RESTRICTIONS ON USING OUR SERVICES
By accessing any part of the Services you agree that you will not:
- use such Services to reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, copy, reproduce, communicate and/or make available to the public, republish, download, post, record, broadcast or transmit or use in any other way the Services (or any part thereof including but not limited to any content or software code) except as permitted by us;
- use such Services in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal or unlawful activity, or cause distress, harm or inconvenience to any other person;
- use such Services to in any way infringe the privacy or other rights of other users of the Services;
- charge (whether directly or indirectly) others to use all or any part of the Services;
- commercialise or attempt to commercialise all or any part of the Services unless expressly agreed by us;
- permit or assist in any way any third party to use the material or content made available via the Services in an unlawful manner or in a manner which could infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Services by, any third party;
- utilise ‘plugins’ or any application(s), software or associated tool(s) which change the content of the Services;
- do anything that may cause damage to the Services or our servers, systems or equipment or those of third parties, nor access or attempt to access any users’ data;
- do anything that subjects the Services to any derogatory treatment or brings (or might bring) the Services into disrepute;
- misuse or do anything that disrupts all or any part of the Services, including but not limited to knowingly introducing software viruses, trojans, worms or other material that may be technologically harmful;
- penetrate, remove or otherwise alter or interfere with any security measures that we use to protect the material and content made available via our Services, or attempt to do so or assist any other person in doing or attempting to do so;
- state, suggest or in any way give the impression that you have any commercial relationship with us, or that you are our agent or that we have endorsed any submission you may make to any of our Services; or
- block, disable, obscure or impair any advertising on the Website or served or included in the Services.
SPORTS SOCIAL RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time at our sole and absolute discretion.
We may also permanently ban or temporarily suspend you from using the Services if you do not comply with these Terms or any other applicable terms, at our sole and absolute discretion.
All of our Services are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We cannot promise that our Services will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition, or free from viruses or other harmful components. Not all of the features and functionality of the Services will be available on all devices. We make no guarantee that all or any features of the Services will work on any particular device.
The Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice for any reason including without limitation in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or due to events reasonably beyond our control. We will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Services is unavailable, discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
Where you are required to obtain certain updates and/or upgrades to your hardware or software in order to use the Services, you are solely responsible for any costs and/or fees associated with any such updates/upgrades and we make no guarantees in respect of the compatibility of your hardware or software with the Services and/or any updates/upgrades.
In addition to other specific exclusions of liability set out in these Terms, we do not accept any liability for:
- any damage or loss caused to you while using our Services in breach of these Terms, including but not limited to where you are using our Services for purposes other than your own personal, non-commercial use;
- any loss of data that results from your use of the Services;
- any loss of income, revenue, business, profits or contracts that results from your use of the Services;
- any failure, suspension and/or termination of access to the Services and/or any content in connection with or arising out of an event which is outside our reasonable control;
- any claims brought against you by a third party; and/or
- any damage or loss caused to you
Any content or other materials included in the Services do not, and are not intended to, amount to advice on which you should rely. Consequently we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any actions or omissions that you may take in reliance on such content or materials.
Nothing in these Terms will:
- restrict your statutory rights as a consumer (including your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service, more details about which can be obtained from your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau); or
- limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
CREATIVE CONTENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (whether registered or unregistered) in the Services (excluding any User Generated Content (see below)) are and will remain at all times the property of Sports Social (or Sport Social’s licensors or third parties, as applicable).
The names, images and logos identifying us, companies in the Sports Social group, our partners or third parties and our/their products and services contained in the Services are proprietary marks and may not be reproduced or otherwise used without our express permission.
Nothing contained in these Terms grants you a licence or a right to use any copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents or other intellectual property right owned or controlled by Sports Social, its licensors or any third party, except to the limited extent necessary to receive the Services.
You may not copy all or any part of any materials or content made available by Sports Social via the Services except to the extent permitted in these Terms, or expressly by us, or at law.
The Services may incorporate certain content that is generated either by users of the Services (including you) or through third party applications/widgets (eg from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) (“User Generated Content”). You agree and acknowledge that:
- our ability to control the User Generated Content is limited;
- we do not endorse User Generated Content and cannot guarantee that it will meet the standards that content produced by us would ordinarily meet; and
- any views expressed in User Generated Content do not necessarily reflect our views.
Consequently we do not accept any responsibility or liability for User Generated Content or any actions or omissions that you may take in reliance on it.
If you wish to submit any contribution to the Services or upload any content such as any text (including, for instance, on any chat rooms or forums or on any classified pages), photographs, graphics, video or audio to the Services (“Submission”), you agree that any Submission you make is subject to our User Participation Terms as detailed in the section below.
Please note that we cannot accept any Submission containing any music, save where expressly permitted by us.
User Participation Terms
Restrictions on what you can submit
You must not submit any content or include any material that is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or that would constitute a contempt of court or expose us to any civil or criminal proceedings. Your content must not contain anything that may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful or which degrades, discriminates against or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
Your content must not contain anything that infringes the rights of a third party. Your application or content must not contain any third party content such as music, third party trademarks, logos, location signage, or photographs, artwork or sculpture unless you have consent from the owner to include that third party content. We reserve the right to reject content that contains third party content if you are unable to provide satisfactory evidence that it has been cleared for our use in accordance with these terms and conditions.
You agree not to infringe any laws in making your content. You agree not to submit files that contain viruses or other harmful programs. Further, you must not endanger yourself or others, or take any unnecessary risks in order to produce or make your application or content.
How we may use your content
We reserve the right to use your content as we see fit, in our sole and you confirm that you have all necessary licences, rights consents and permission to authorise the use of your content in full and in part. As between you and us, you retain all ownership rights in your content. You acknowledge that any content that you submit will be considered non-confidential.
By submitting content, you grant us a licence (which means permission) to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, enhance, encode, translate, distribute, play, perform, make available to other users, prepare derivative works of and to display your content (with or without advertising and sponsorship) by any media or methods whether now known or later developed. This licence may be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world at any time.
You agree that this licence is: perpetual (which means it lasts forever); non-exclusive (which means you are free to grant this permission to other parties as well); royalty-free (which means we won’t pay for the permission either now or in the future); and transferable (which means we can transfer the licence to others).
You agree that we can sub-license this licence (which means we can grant an equivalent permission to others which may include without limitation our group companies and advertisers or sponsors).
You irrevocably and unconditionally waive, in respect of your content, all moral rights to which you may be entitled and any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world. This waiver is made in favour of us but shall also extend to our sub-licensees, assignees and successors in title.
OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE ABOUT OUR SERVICES
You may link your website to the home page of our Website, provided that you own that website and that you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not take advantage of or damage our reputation and any such link is for non-commercial purposes. Any such link must not, suggest or in any way give the impression that you have any commercial relationship with us, or that we have approved or endorsed such link. We reserve the right to withdraw permission to link to the Website at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion.
You may not frame our Website on other websites without our express permission.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES
Please note that certain pages and services provided as part of the Services may be hosted, managed and operated by a third party. Where this is the case it will normally be indicated on the Website and/or the relevant Service. The Services may contain links to other third party websites, platforms and services through advertising or otherwise, and in certain circumstances our content may also be made available on third party services and platforms (“Distributed Content”).
These third parties are companies wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of any transaction you may make using such services. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use. Your use of such third party websites and services will be governed by their terms and conditions and privacy policies, we therefore recommend you read such terms and conditions and privacy policies and you agree to comply with them. For the contact details of the applicable third party see that third party’s terms and conditions available or referred to on the applicable Platform.
You are free to choose whether or not to make use of such third party services. Consequently we do not accept any responsibility or liability for content incorporated in our Services in this way or any actions or omissions that you may take in reliance on it. We are not responsible for the contents (including the Distributed Content) or availability of such third party websites or services (including the failure of any links to them). We do not endorse the material contained in their websites or services. Any links to third party services are provided for your convenience only.
If you use a third party service, you agree that: (i) we won’t be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into (which may include, but is not limited to, a transaction or contract where the third party sells or otherwise provides Distributed Content, or access to Distributed Content, to you pursuant to that transaction or contract); (ii) we will not be supplying those services (including, where applicable, any Distributed Content) to you; and (iii) we won’t be liable to you for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those third party websites and/or services (including any use by you of Distributed Content). You agree that you will not involve Sports Social in any dispute you may have with such third party websites and services
OTHER GENERAL TERMS THAT APPLY
These Terms are available on the Website. We will not file or store a copy of these Terms for each interaction or transaction by you via the Website or the Services. We therefore recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these Terms for future reference.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any or your rights or obligations set out in these Terms to any other person. These terms do not create any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not a party to these Terms.
If we decide not to exercise or enforce a right that we have against you (e.g. as a result of you breaching these Terms), this does not prevent us from doing so at a later date.
If any provision of these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable then that invalid or unenforceable part will be deemed deleted from these Terms, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms and they will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are available in English only and are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
DETAILS OF WHO TO CONTACT
Sports Social is a trading name of Communicorp UK Limited. If you have any questions, queries or complaints then you can email us at email@example.com or write to us at Sports Social, c/o Communicorp UK Limited, 7th Floor, XYZ Building, 2 Hardman Boulevard, Manchester. M3 3AQ.